IT Software Web and Telecom Professional Advance Apprenticeship (Level 3)
Awarding Body: Pearson
Qualification Title: IT Software, Web and Telecom Professional Advance Apprenticeship (Level 3)
Duration: 18 Months
Course Credit: 111
Next Intake: Please speak to one of the course advisor on 020 3784 6005
Campus: Presidency London College, White City, London NW10 6RF
Course Overview: This qualifications are nationally recognised and based on the National Occupational Standards (NOS) for IT and Telecoms Professionals. This qualification will give learners the opportunity to:
- engage in learning which is relevant to them and will provide opportunities to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life
- gain knowledge, understanding and skills they need to prepare for employment
- gain a nationally recognised vocationally specific qualification to enter employment in the IT sector or to progress to higher education vocational qualifications
- develop functional skills and personal learning and thinking skills essential for successful performance in working life
- certificate smaller blocks of learning which are designed to motivate them and encourage widening participation in education and training
Recommended for: These qualifications are designed to prepare learners for employment in the IT and Telecoms sector and are suitable for those who have decided that they wish to enter a specific area of work within the IT and Telecoms industry
Apprenticeship Wage: When undertaking an Apprenticeship, you could earn anything from the current minimum wage rate of £3.70 PH to £7.83 PH or more depending on employer’s internal policy. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Course Entry Requirements: No prior knowledge, understanding, skills or qualifications are required before learners register for this qualification. However, they may be working or seeking work in Business Analyst,
Computer Games Designer,
Computer Games Technical Support person,
Computer Hardware Engineer,
Computer Service Technician,
IT Product Developer,
IT Technical Sales Specialist,
IT Trainer, and Telecommunications Technician
Eligibility Criteria: To qualify for this apprenticeship course, the following criteria must be met:
- be aged 16+ at the time of enrolment
- be a UK or European Economic Area (EEA), or have lived in the UK or EEA for the past three consecutive years
- be in full-time employment, working a minimum of 30 hours per week
- not already hold a qualification at the same level or above in the similar area that you wish to study.
Progression Route: At Level 3 learners could progress to employment in the IT sector or to higher education vocational qualifications such as the Pearson BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma in Computing and Systems Development.
What will you achieve?
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professional
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 Certificate in ICT Systems and Principles
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (If not previously achieved)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Channel Awareness Module
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Want to Apply?
Call our dedicated team on the number below or email to find out about your next steps:
Course Line: 020 3784 6005
Are you unsure if our courses are right for you?
Our careers advisors are always on hand to offer advice and guidance to help you make the best decision to get ahead in your career.
Speak to one of our team today to find out more about your options on: 020 3784 6005
Follow us to keep up-to-date with the latest updates:
All course code’s shown on the website are for courses starting in the 2018-19 academic year unless stated otherwise, and are correct at the time of entering/printing information, however these may be subject to change. The College cannot accept legal or financial liability as a result of any such changes.
The course information describes programmes offered by Presidency London College. The College takes all reasonable steps to provide courses as described, but cannot guarantee provision. The information is for guidance and does not form any part of a contract.
The College reserves the right to update and amend information as and when necessary. Presidency London College will do its best to provide the courses shown, but may have to modify or withdraw a course depending on customer demand and other factors.